New Vision Homes is making all efforts to keep its services running with as little disruption as possible but we are making some changes to the way we work to keep both our team and our residents safe.
Please make sure you follow the advice from the NHS (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/) which is to maintain good hygiene practice (not touching your face and washing your hands regularly for 20 seconds) and contact NHS 111 Online if you display any of the symptoms. If you are able to, please also take the time to call any relatives or friends who might be vulnerable to this virus and make sure that they are coping well and have everything that they need.
We will continue to follow advice from the Government and Public Health England but we recognise that this is a constantly changing scenario and we will update the below information as and when advice needs to change.
Latest update: Following the Prime Ministers advice on Monday 23rd March stating people must stay at home the majority of our Housing Team are now working remotely.
We will continue to support our residents as much as we can but we ask that contact via our phone lines be restricted to emergencies only.
Please use our contact forms on this website to log non-emergency repairs, contact your housing manager or our income recovery team or email us via email@example.com and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please make sure you leave us your name, address and contact number.
Income recovery – rent payments and advice
- Services are continuing as normal, but our officers may not be able to take payments over the phone so if possible please make your payments via alternative methods
- At the moment rent charges have not been suspended by the Government and you should continue to make your normal payments – click here to see alternative methods on how and where to pay
- If you are having difficulty paying your rent due to changes in your financial situation please let the income team know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can seek help and advice from Citizens Advice and the Money Advice Service
- You can also make an application for Universal Credit online
- If you are struggling for basic food and household items Woking Food Bank is still in operation https://woking.foodbank.org.uk/get-help/how-to-get-help/
Tenancy & Estate Management
Our Housing Management team are still available to help you with your queries but we are no longer carrying out any face to face visits and ask that you do not visit the Civic Offices as the office has now been closed
Please also review the content on our website or on the Council’s website www.woking.gov.uk to find the answer to your query before making your call – there is lots of good information on how to manage your tenancy and report information to us – if you can’t find what you are looking for and your query is of a non-urgent matter please use our contact form.
Any tenant surgeries have now been cancelled until further notice
Estate inspections for health and safety matters will continue where possible but tenants will no longer be invited to attend. If you spot anything in the communal areas around your home that needs our attention please report it via our contact form
Reporting Anti-social behaviour can still be done in the normal way by using our online forms - Please ensure you are keeping notes of any incidents; incident sheets can be downloaded here...
Repairs and Maintenance
- We are still attempting to carry out as many repairs as normal but our repairs team will ask you when you log a repair about your current situation regarding self-isolation and any potential coronavirus symptoms. Every effort is being taken to ensure that residents and our operatives are kept safe at all times when carrying out repairs
Our repairs team are still able to take your queries, but should you need to report a non-urgent repair please use our report a repair tool
Compliance – servicing and inspection
Regulatory bodies have stated that all statutory compliance testing will continue with the exception of domestic water hygiene surveys and domestic asbestos surveys that are part of the 10 year programme.
Our annual gas safety inspections will continue until the guidance changes – every effort will be made to keep residents and operatives safe during the inspection process.
Planned works programmes
The following planned works programmes are suspended until government guidelines change to allow them:
- Roofing Replacement
- Kitchen and Bathroom Replacements
- Disabled Adaptations
- Door and Window Replacements
The following work streams are continuing:
- Major Block Upgrades at Pares Close
- Boiler Replacement
- If a member of our housing or repairs and maintenance team do need to visit your home they may politely ask that you keep your distance during the visit and may request to wash their hands before they leave your property. We ask that you accommodate their request in the interest of both yours and our staff members health and we hope you do not take offence.
Financial Support – Important Information
If you have lost your job or are at risk of losing your job due the the current Covid-19 crisis, here is some helpful information to support you through this difficult time:
People of working age can claim Universal Credit and Council Tax support using the numbers below:
Universal Credit can be claimed via:
Phone: 0800 328 5644
More information about Universal Credit: www.gov.uk/universal-credit/howtoclaim
Council Tax can be claimed via:
Phone: 01483 755 855
Please be aware that the government is experiencing a higher number of claims and calls than usual and are adding new resources to help assist with the volume of claims.